- CFTC Regulations—Part 4
Sets forth the regulatory requirements for CPOs and CTAs. Note: This link will take you outside of NFA's website to the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.
- Disclosure Documents: A Guide for CPOs and CTAs (Updated as of April 2015)
Discusses the requirements CPOs and CTAs must meet under Part 4, presents a sample break-even analysis and performance table, and describes the process NFA's Disclosure Document Review Team uses to approve Disclosure Documents.
April 2015 Revisions: Updated the "Proprietary Trading Results" sections of the guide with minor revisions to clarify that pro-forma adjustments must be made for fees and commissions only.
- Electronic Trading and Order Routing Systems Disclosure Statement
Provides guidance on the differences, risks and limitations of liability of the electronic system utilized in the futures industry.
- Forex Transactions: A Regulatory Guide (Updated as of December 2016)
Provides our Members with an understanding of the requirements that govern off-exchange foreign currency (forex) transactions.
December 2016 Revisions: Updated to incorporate technical amendments to NFA Bylaw 1507 Definitions and NFA Requirements to conform to the definitions in Section 1a of the Commodity Exchange Act, and added references to recent Notices to Members regarding minimum security deposits requirements in the Security Deposits section.
- A Guide to NFA Compliance Rules 2-29 and 2-36: Communications with the Public and Promotional Material (Updated as of April 2015) Presents an in-depth discussion of the standards that NFA Members must apply to their advertising.
April 2015 Revisions: Updated the Hypothetical Performance section to further clarify the requirements that are applicable to promotional material directed to Qualified Eligible Persons (QEP), under Compliance Rule 2-29(c).
- Joint Audit Committee Margins Handbook Update
- The Margins Handbook
Provides the policies for monitoring margin risk exposure established by the exchanges and regulatory organizations that participate in the Joint Audit Committee.
- The NFA Manual
Contains the organization's Articles, Bylaws, Compliance Rules and Financial Requirements, Arbitration Code and Member Arbitration Rules, Registration Rules and Interpretive Notices. Upon request, NFA provides one complimentary copy of the NFA Manual to each NFA Member. Additional copies may be purchased for $10.00 each.
- NFA Regulatory Requirements for FCMs, IBs, CPOs and CTAs (Updated as of February 2016)
Discusses how to prepare for an NFA examination, highlights a number of other general regulatory requirements and addresses accounting procedures for FCMs, IBs and Commodity Pools.
February 2016 Revisions: Updated to include section on Cybersecurity—NFA's Interpretive Notice to NFA Compliance Rules 2-9, 2-36 and 2-49 entitled Information Systems Security Programs.
- A Plain English Handbook: How to Create Clear Disclosure Documents
Prepared by the SEC, can be downloaded from the SEC website.
- Recommendations for Best Practices in Order Entry and Transmission of Exchange-Traded Futures and Options Transactions (Word Document)
Discusses issues associated with order transmission and entry procedures for exchange-traded futures and options and the diligent supervision of the order transmission and order entry process by commodity professionals.
- Risk Disclosure Statement for Security Futures Contracts (Updated as of April 2014)
April 2014 Revisions: Updated to incorporate amendments to Interpretive Notice: NFA Compliance Rule 2-30(b): Risk Disclosure Statement for Security Futures Contracts..
- Self-Examination Questionnaire: For FCMs, FDMs, IBs, CPOs and CTAs (Updated as of August 2016)
August 2016 Revisions: Added section under Supplemental Questionnaire for IBs on Forex Electronic Trading Systems—NFA Compliance Rules 2-39 and NFA Interpretive Notice 9060. Added technical clarifications under Supplemental Questionnaire for CPOs on Financial—CFTC Regulation 4.22, 4.23 and 4.27, and NFA Compliance Rule 2-13.
NFA Members can file many of their required documents electronically.
Submit a Filing
NFA is the premier independent provider of efficient and innovative regulatory programs that safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets.