NFA's Logo
Home > FAQs > Compliance > Security Futures Products > Must broker-dealers register with the CFTC before offering...

Must broker-dealers register with the CFTC before offering security futures?

Yes. However, broker-dealers who are not currently FCMs or IBs can notice-register as FCMs or IBs if they are registered with the SEC as full-fledged broker dealers and members of FINRA. These firms notice-register with the CFTC on Notice Form 7-R, which is only two pages long. You can download the form on our Web site and file it with NFA. There is no fee, and registration is effective upon filing.

NFA is the premier independent provider of efficient and innovative regulatory programs that safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets.
Site Index | Contact NFA | News Center | FAQs | Career Opportunities | Industry Links | Home
© National Futures Association All Rights Reserved. | Disclaimer and Privacy Policy