1. Are firms required to make annual filings?
Yes. In order for a firm to maintain its registration and/or membership it must do the following by the anniversary date of the firm's registration:
1) complete the electronic Annual Registration Update;
2) pay the annual registration records maintenance fee of $100 for each category of registration;
3) complete the electronic Annual Questionnaire, which includes firm and disaster recovery information as well as a questionnaire for each category of registration; and
4) pay the annual membership dues.
Failure to satisfy all the requirements in the annual update process within 30 days of the firm's anniversary date will be deemed a request to withdraw its NFA registration and/or Membership.
In addition, there are other requirements that should be completed throughout the year. Please refer to the "Annual Regulatory Reminders" on our web site under Notices to Members for more information. This list will not capture all of your responsibilities, but it should help remind you of certain non-routine requirements.Are firms required to make annual filings?
2. Are individuals required to make annual filings?
No. However, individuals have an ongoing obligation to ensure that the information in their registration records is current. Any updates to registration records must be done in ORS. Floor Brokers and Floor Traders will update their own registration information. APs and principals should ask their firms to update their registration information.Are individuals required to make annual filings?