2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996|
Email This to a Friend
February 06, 2004
Annual Regulatory Reminder for Commodity Trading Advisors
National Futures Association has always been committed to providing our Members with the resources they need to meet their regulatory obligations as efficiently as possible. During some of our recent audits, NFA Members have suggested that we provide them with an annual reminder regarding certain requirements that are not part of their day-to-day operations. Responding to this request, NFA is pleased to send you this email listing certain requirements you have for the upcoming year. This list does not capture all of your responsibilities, but it should help remind you of certain non-routine requirements.
Within the next 12 months you will be required to:
2. Complete NFA's Self-Examination Checklist.
4. Test your Disaster Recovery Plan and make any necessary adjustments.
5. Provide Ethics Training as outlined in your firm's written Ethics Training Procedures.
6. If soliciting new clients, distribute a Disclosure Document that is no more than 9 months old and that has been reviewed by NFA.
7. If placing bunched orders, analyze each trading program at least quarterly to ensure that the order allocation method has been fair and equitable and document this analysis.
We recommend that you keep this email as a reference guide to ensure that all requirements are completed on time throughout the year. As always, if you need assistance with these or any other NFA requirements, please contact NFA's Information Center at (800) 621-3570.