Information Technology Asset Management Specialist
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 281
Description: The Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) Specialist will maintain compliance with NFA standards, practices and procedures as set forth by hardware and software lifecycle management policy. The ITAM Specialist will participate in daily management of IT assets. In addition, the ITAM Specialist will assist with information security patching processes and asset inventory systems.
- Maintain hardware and software lifecycle management procedure documentation and IT asset inventory database.
- Track lifecycle and onboarding, maintenance and decommissioning of IT assets including personal computers, servers, network devices, operating systems, third-party software products and associated peripherals (e.g. monitors, printers, and scanners).
- Maintain records of licenses, warranties and service agreements.
- Ensure National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Center of Internet Security (CIS) guidelines and controls are maintained.
- Conduct self-audits and quarterly inventory reviews for accuracy and provide audit artifacts as necessary.
- Assist with the administration of security patching and technology updates of personal computers, servers, network devices, operating systems, and third-party software products.
- Track progress and follow-up of issues with the patch process to ensure successful completeness in a timely manner.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems related to patching and IT Asset Management inventory systems.
- Two or more years of experience with IT Asset Management
- One or more years of software patching experience
- One or more years of using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with OS Deployment technologies.
- Experience with ITAM tools and software
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to manage time effectively
- Strong customer service, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team
- Willingness to work overtime
- ITAM Certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.