Description: The main purpose of the Quantitative Analyst within the Regulatory Reporting System Management (RRSM) group of the Market Regulation department is to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot matters related to the provisioning, receipt and use of data for market regulation purposes. NFA's Market Regulation department performs trade practice and market surveillance services on behalf of Swap Execution Facilities (SEF), Designated Contract Markets (DCM) and Forex Dealer Members (FDM).
- Participate in the development of quantitative systems that will support the surveillance activity of the Market Regulation department.
- Participate in the formal software development lifecycle process and provide input and feedback from an implementation standpoint.
- Participate in quality assurance (QA) initiatives to facilitate the accurate reporting of regulatory data.
- Coordinate with NFA's Information Systems staff on recognized initiatives and projects in conjunction with RRSM and Market Regulation management.
- Minimum two years of hands-on practical experience in developing software with any of the following technologies: Python, C++, Java, C#, Matlab, SQL, and Excel (VBA)
- Experience in source control and object-oriented design preferred
- Experience of test-driven development and behavior-driven development preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of finance concepts (e.g. options, derivatives, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of or ability to conduct derivative pricing a plus