Application Security Architect
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 272
Description: The Application Security Architect will support NFA's information technology (IT) initiatives by assessing new and existing applications and system deployments for vulnerabilities and critical design flaws, while also prioritizing remediation efforts based on risk. Additionally, they will provide frameworks and guidelines to enable secure applications.
- Identify appropriate security check points in the systems development life cycle.
- Collaborate with staff to integrate tests within the build process.
- Document practices and guidelines for use by application staff during development.
- Assemble a testing toolkit to evaluate applications' security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with staff to design security remediation and verification policies.
- Coordinate internal and external application testing.
- Assist in assessing security risks and identifying appropriate mitigations and remediation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to staff.
- Incorporate security into the application design and quality assurance processes.
- Minimum three years of experience as an applications developer
- Minimum two years of experience as an applications security analyst
- Proficient in standard security assessment and testing tools (IBM App Scan preferred)
- Knowledge of common application security issues and remediation (e.g. SQL injection, Cross Site Scripting)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT preferred
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.