Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 306
Description: The Applications Administrator’s primary responsibility is to ensure third-party business applications are available and performing optimally for the organization. This role will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day configuration, training, support, maintenance and improvements of applications. Additional responsibilities include the technical application, data integration and security configuration required for optimal utilization in the enterprise as well as the ability to work with developers on related custom application and database solutions to meet business needs. The Applications Administrator will support multiple departments with commercial applications. The Applications Administrator will also research and guide the selection of third-party software acquisitions for multiple NFA departments as needed.
- Lead and collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather information regarding software requirements as they relate to third-party vendor evaluations.
- Analyze third-party software with regard to function, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment and ability to interface with other systems.
- Work with network administrations and database administrators and security administrators to coordinate technical configuration and administration of designated applications.
- Configure, customize and modify application enhancements and reports.
- Participate in and/or perform application or system upgrades.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to routine support tasks, inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with programs and contacting technical support when necessary.
- Perform the liaison role for third-party applications between NFA staff and vendors.
- Train end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Write and maintain user instructions, operating procedures and system documentation.
- Ability to install, customize and navigate applications
- Ability to support third-party applications at the enterprise level
- Knowledge of third-party HR and Treasury application preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology preferred
- Minimum three years of experience as an applications administrator and developer
- Minimum three years of database and programming/development experience in enterprise environment
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.