Applications Developer Intern
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Job ID: 361
When you join NFA as an Applications Developer Intern, you will gain unique insight into the global derivatives industry and its regulatory framework, utilizing the critical thinking, creative problem solving and technical skills you've developed in the classroom.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your intellectual curiosity. Bring an eye for detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
Beginning your first day, you'll gain exceptional experiences, personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We strive to develop our talented interns into future NFA and industry leaders, and our internship program is designed with that goal in mind.
What you'll do:
As an Applications Developer Intern, you'll learn alongside a high-performing team of technical professionals in developing, maintaining and enhancing applications which support our important regulatory mission. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in design meetings for development projects.
- Analyzing business requirements and design solutions.
- Assisting in logical database analysis and design.
- Coding and testing applications programs for new or existing systems.
- Answering user Service Desk questions.
We're committed to educating our interns and providing them with the skills necessary for success. Thanks to industry-specific training classes and our internal educational programs, an NFA internship will enable you to take away important industry knowledge and professional skills you can apply in your future career.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, hands-on role. We value diverse perspectives and are looking for motivated applicants with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. If you're eager to learn something new and serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as an Applications Developer Intern.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in information systems, business or a related major, and expects to graduate within one year of internship
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong programming and design skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in NFA's Chicago office at least 60% of the time (part-time starting January 2022, full-time over the summer)
- Experience with ASP.NET/Visual Basic.NET development preferred
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and/or DevOps a plus
- Experience in test-driven development a plus
- Experience in finance a plus
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.