Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Specialist
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 278
Description: The Business Continuity Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Specialist will assist the NFA DR Coordinator in developing, maintaining and implementing NFA's BC/DR plans according to guidelines, pertinent standards and frameworks, industry best-practices and applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the BC/DR Specialist will also assist in identifying potential business disruptions and developing safeguards for systems, workflows, operations and work spaces.
- Plan, conduct, and assess semi-annual, in-house computer DR tests.
- Participate in internal and externally-sponsored tabletop exercises.
- Collaborate with staff to maintain and update NFA's BC/DR-related content and materials.
- Monitor the status of NFA's existing BC/DR-related contract providers and assist with the negotiation of new contracts when necessary.
- Assist with the production of internal BC/DR trainings.
- Ensure NFA's BC/DR policies and procedures are in compliance with NIST controls.
- Provide input during system designs or redesigns to foster awareness of appropriate DR Time Objectives and DR Point Objectives.
- Assist with emergency communications during a crisis.
- Identify issues and assist with recovery and rebuilds, if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT) or Business
- Four or more years' experience with corporate or enterprise-level BC/DR planning and coordination
- Experience with data backup and replication technologies
- Familiarity with network topology, server configurations, personal computers and database principles
- Experience developing and maintaining a BC/DR plan, documentation, manuals and reports
- Working knowledge of Information Security Standards such as NIST Special Publication 800-53 or the Cybersecurity Framework and CIS ™ controls
- Experience with the NIST SP 800-53 control: Contingency Planning Policy and Procedures or NIST SP 800-34 Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems
- Certification as a Business Continuity Professional preferred