Cloud Software Deployment Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 473
When you join NFA as a Cloud Software Deployment Specialist, you'll be responsible for providing operational and day-to-day administrative support in NFA's complex and growing Azure environment by troubleshooting issues and supporting change and problem management processes.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your technical know-how and communication skills. Bring an aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your technical abilities to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Cloud Software Deployment Specialist, you'll be part of NFA's growing Infrastructure & Support Team, which is responsible for managing and maintaining various NFA Azure resources such as virtual machines, VDI and other cloud network resources. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving technical problems related to Microsoft's Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) applications.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and deploying third-party software or software packages within MECM.
- Providing support to engineering system owners/end-users of Cloud-hosted applications.
- Optimizing Azure buildouts for cost and performance (VM optimization, reserved instances, etc.).
- Researching products and new technologies to increase the efficiency of business and operations.
- Installing and testing standard PC hardware and software for NFA staff.
What we’re looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Cloud Software Deployment Specialist.
- 3+ years of experience with:
- Administration, implementation, management and support of an Azure Virtual Desktop environment
- OS Deployment technologies (e.g., Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Deployment Services and Microsoft's MECM)
- Installation and customization of PC hardware and peripherals
- Support and debugging of Microsoft Windows OS and Office Suite
- Strong understanding of and previous experience with management of resources in Azure such as Virtual Machines, VDI and other network resources in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Familiarity with computer and software security standards, trends, anti-virus, anti-spam and security patches
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in computer science, or related degree preferred
- Certificates in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft Azure Administrator, A+ Hardware, Microsoft MECM preferred
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.