Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: 20-50%
Job ID: 294
Description: Compliance Examiners support NFA's mission in safeguarding the integrity of the derivatives markets, protecting investors and ensuring Members meet their regulatory responsibilities by performing extensive examinations, investigations, and surveillance of Members' records, operations, and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations.
- Review Members' policies, procedures, records and operations.
- Document testing and findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify and address key issues and collect all necessary evidence for possible disciplinary cases.
- Discuss with Members the corrective action needed to address compliance deficiencies or rule violations.
- Analyze financial statements for anomalies and possible rule violations.
- Collaborate with examination teams to develop investigative strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in business-oriented major
- Nine hours of accounting, which includes an intermediate accounting class
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to apply the appropriate level of professional skepticism to assignments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.