Department: Futures Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: 20-30%
Job ID: 386
When you join NFA as an Examinations Manager, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for conducting examinations, investigations and financial surveillance of firms under NFA's jurisdiction.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your passion for people and problem solving. Bring a healthy skepticism and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences, career-long and personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
As an Examinations Manager, you'll oversee staff as they evaluate financial institutions for regulatory compliance. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring staff complete assignments and appropriately apply professional skepticism in accordance with NFA's standards.
- Learning NFA's examination, monitoring and investigative techniques, as well as gaining a working knowledge of the relevant NFA Rules and CFTC Regulations with which firms must comply.
- Participating in examination planning meetings and making risk-based scoping determinations.
- Recognizing indicators of fraud during investigations and working with NFA's Risk Management Group to include the indicators in NFA's risk systems.
- Reviewing assignments, ensuring deficiencies are adequately reported to firms and certifying firm execution of corrective action.
- Collaborating with Legal staff to prepare and review case summaries and all applicable exhibits for disciplinary actions against firms.
- Identifying issues, industry trends and potential improvements to staff workflow and communicating these to relevant parties.
- Developing staff for current and future roles by communicating expectations and providing on-going feedback.
What we’re looking for:
Detail-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, analytical role. If you're eager to apply your critical thinking abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as an Examinations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-oriented major
- Five or more years of experience in financial services
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Experience in auditing or accounting preferred
- Ability to apply the appropriate level of professional skepticism to assignments
- Ability to work in a team setting, both as a leader and a participant
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.