Information Security Engineer
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 285
Description: The Information Security Engineer will implement and monitor a comprehensive set of security controls as a part of NFA's security strategy for the protection of related systems, networks and data.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Advise on the design of security monitoring infrastructure for on premise and cloud solutions.
- Develop new technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and ensure the proper operation of security processing routines.
- Establish and maintain processes to monitor network traffic for irregular activity.
- Apply INFOSEC best-practices and principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology.
- Monitor networks, devices and computer systems for accuracy and/or abuse.
- Develop security test plans based on system architecture, dataflow, and hardware/software profile information.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and application security evaluations utilizing recognized security assessment tools.
- Vet new software or hardware configurations for compliance with established security standards.
- Assist with the engagement and coordination of third party security assessments.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of security incidents and be prepared to isolate and remediate incidents pursuant to established procedures.
- Inspect suspicious files to determine potential threats.
- Perform malware analysis to understand origin and risk of potentially malicious code.
- Two or more years' of experience working in an Information Technology security capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Industry recognized certifications (GCIH, GCIA, GMON, CISSP, etc.) preferred
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.