Lead Quantitative Analyst
Department: Market Regulation
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 267
Description: The Lead Quantitative Analyst will work to develop production-ready systems that will support the surveillance activity of NFA's Market Regulation department and participate in the reporting of quality assurance (QA) initiatives to ensure regulatory data reports are accurate.
- Lead projects and review work of others relating to quantitative development and technical analysis of multiple projects.
- Participate in the creation of systematic solutions to various regulatory requests in a timely manner.
- Help oversee the formal software development lifecycle process for systems to provide input and feedback from an implementation standpoint.
- Seek and implement opportunities to automate QA tasks and procedures.
- Lead system initiatives and provide project management oversight and direction.
- Lead project coordination with IT staff and report updates to Market Regulation's senior management.
- Identify strategic initiatives and help coordinate efforts in the implementation of approved technological and systematic solutions.
- Assist in creating both quantitative and qualitative systematic measures to facilitate in the goal of accurate reporting of regulatory data by clients.
- At least 5 years' of hands-on practical experience in developing software (Python, C++, Java, Matlab, SQL, Tableau)
- Experience in Excel (VBA) a plus
- Experience in project management techniques and tools (Microsoft Project)
- Experience in source control
- Experience in object-oriented design
- Experience test-driven development
- Understanding of finance concepts (options, derivatives, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps)
- Familiarity and comfortability with formal software development lifecycle process
- Knowledge of or ability to conduct derivative pricing a plus
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing teams
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.