Managing Director of IT Strategic Planning
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 230
Description: The Managing Director will assist in the identification and application of strategic information technology (IT) initiatives that support the safe, effective and efficient execution of NFA's regulatory and business responsibilities across the organization.
- Help select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations and optimize organization-wide benefits.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new strategic initiatives and provide guidance to staff.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology and devise new initiatives to benefit NFA.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of IT in order to advise management and suggest action steps to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
- Conduct post-implementation assessments of new initiatives, report on the findings, and make suggestions for further enhancements as necessary.
- Engage in vendor contract negotiations for the acquisition of new computer equipment and software.
- Use technical knowledge to assist with risk-assessment and develop actionable plans to protect NFA systems.
- Help develop initiatives that contribute to an information privacy and security-conscious culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Business with IT experience, or Computer Science degree with business experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Computer Systems a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience with applications development or network administration
- Prior experience with the development and implementation of strategic plans or goals
- Experience with different project management methodologies including Agile and Waterfall highly desired
- Experience with ROI modeling and other metric-based analysis highly desired
- Experience with risk modeling and analysis highly desired
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, while exhibiting a high-level of attention to detail
- Effective verbal presentation skills
- The ability to maintain job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.