Network Analyst I
Department: Information Systems
Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 320
Description: The Network Analyst I will work with a team that assures the availability and efficient operation of NFA networks and system software and hardware.
- Provide support for networking and communication environments.
- Install, customize and maintain core technologies (Microsoft software, Cisco network devices, HP servers and printers) and any related third-party hardware/software.
- Implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and problem fixes.
- Analyze user needs to determine hardware and software specifications.
- Maintain data back-up and recovery procedures.
- Participate in disaster recovery tests.
- Adhere to appropriate security practices and procedures.
- Follow all change management requirements.
- Generate and analyze network and system performance and usage reports.
- Resolve network and system-related problems via logs and error messages.
- Work with vendors to take corrective action as needed.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of all tasks and procedures.
- Evaluate new technology and products.
- Provide technical support to NFA staff as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One to two years' experience in administering Active Directory and data/voice networking environments or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining HP, Cisco, Microsoft and/or Linux-based technologies required
- Industry recognized certification (Network+, A+, CCNA, MCSE) a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, analytically adept and creative
- Ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team
- Highly dependable, punctual and willing to work off-hours
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.