OTC Derivatives Intern
Department: OTC Derivatives
Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Job ID: 332
Description: The OTC Derivatives Intern will work closely with Compliance Examiners and Managers within the OTC Derivatives department to assist in supporting NFA’s regulatory programs, the review of provisionally registered swap dealers' (SD) documentation, as well as special research projects. The Intern will be introduced to NFA's Swaps Examination Program and eligible to shadow on an examination. The Intern will also be expected to participate in training and will receive coaching and guidance from NFA staff.
- Assist in reviewing documentation submitted by SDs to comply with CFTC and NFA requirements applicable to SDs.
- Assist with Member education and communications including drafting internal and external communications and advisories.
- Work on special projects.
- Working toward a college or graduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment