Senior PC and Network Analyst
Description: The Senior PC and Network Analyst (Senior Analyst) will support the Personal Computer (PC) environment by installing and maintaining computer hardware and related software. The Senior Analyst will lead projects to plan and implement PC systems. The Senior Analyst will also assure the availability and efficient operation of PC hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. The Senior Analyst will manage the administration and support of Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for the PC Support team. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will provide Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery backup to the Network Services team to support network devices, connections and telephones.
- Arrange, plan, and lead project deployment meetings.
- Estimate resources required for projects and monitor progress of the assigned tasks.
- Install and support computer hardware (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, etc.) and standard PC software.
- Test and implement changes to computer hardware and software (e.g. hardware additions, program fixes, security patches and preventive maintenance).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve computer hardware and software problems via logs, error messages and protocol analysis.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to the PC Support team, while promoting high-quality work in all project tasks.
- Provide technical support for PC equipment users by reviewing and analyzing specifications to determine appropriate hardware and software settings.
- Assist in answering and responding to Help Desk calls.
- Conduct audits of computer hardware and software.
- Maintain the hardware and software database and inventory of computer supplies.
- Process and maintain equipment sign-out logs and acknowledgement forms.
- Maintain, modify and develop computer systems and procedures documentation.
- Assist with the planning and relocation of equipment and staff workstations.
- Assist with computer hardware and software requests.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems related to MSCC of applications.
- Install, troubleshoot, and deploy applications, software updates, and operating systems within SCCM.
- Install and troubleshoot SCCM hierarchy and client agents.
- Assist in the evaluation and testing of new technology.
- Five or more years of experience installing, customizing and maintaining PC hardware and peripherals (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, printers and scanners)
- Two or more years of experience with managing technologies such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Windows Deployment Services, and SCCM
- Familiarity with computer software security standards, trends, anti-virus, anti-spam, and security patches
- Five or more years of experience supporting and debugging Microsoft Windows Operating System and Office Suite
- Familiarity with PCI and PCIe bus PC's, including device driver installation
- Knowledge of modems, CD/DVD-ROMS, RAM, SCSI and USB
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Understanding of PC to LAN communications, wireless technology (internet /cellular), encryption software, back-up and recovery processes, hardware, software and protocols
- Three or more years of providing excellent Help Desk and Desktop support
- A+ hardware certification or similar technological certification
- A degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Must be a self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Background in customer service required
- Willing to work overtime as needed