PC Support Analyst
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 287
Description: The PC Support Analyst will support NFA's Personal Computer (PC) environment by installing and maintaining hardware and related software. The Analyst will also be responsible for assuring the availability and efficient operation of PC hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems via logs, error messages, dumps, and protocol analysis.
- Consult with users and analyze specifications to determine hardware and software functionality settings.
- Assist with hardware and software add or change requests.
- Plan and perform workstation relocations and equipment requests.
- Conduct hardware and software audits.
- Maintain inventory database of hardware, software, and computer supplies.
- Process and maintain equipment sign-out logs and acknowledgment forms.
- Assist with maintaining computer systems and documented procedures.
- Utilize SCCM to install operating systems and related software.
- Assist with researching, evaluating, testing, and implementing new technology.
- Minimum two years' experience installing, customizing and maintaining PC hardware and peripherals (desktops, notebooks, printers, scanners, etc.).
- Minimum two years' experience supporting and debugging Windows operating systems and Office Suite products.
- Familiarity with PCI and ISA bus PC's, including device driver installation
- Knowledge of cell card technology, Wi-Fi connections, CD-DVD, RAM, and USB
- Understanding of PC to LAN communications, hardware, software, and protocols
- A+ Hardware Certification preferred
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Must be a self-starting individual with strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and customer focus required
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.