Department: Market Regulation
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 299
Description: The Quantitative Analyst will utilize the industry-recognized technology stack to develop production-ready systems that will support the surveillance activity of the Market Regulation department.
- Create solutions to various ad-hoc business requests in a timely manner.
- Participate in regulatory reporting quality assurance (QA) initiatives to facilitate accurate reporting of regulatory data.
- Participate in the formal software development lifecycle (SDLC) process to provide input and feedback from an implementation standpoint.
- Assist with QA by creating both quantitative and qualitative systematic measures to confirm accurate reporting of regulatory data by SEF clients.
- Coordinate with Information Technology staff on initiatives and projects and communicate with the Regulatory Reporting & Systems Management team and Market Regulation management.
- At least 2 years of hands-on practical experience in developing software with any of the following technologies: Tableau, Python, C++, Java, Matlab, SQL
- Experience in:
- Source control
- Object-oriented design
- Test-driven development
- Understanding of financial concepts (e.g. option, derivative, interest rate swap, credit default swap)
- Knowledge of formal SDLC process
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and intellectually curious
- Experience in developing software with Excel (VBA)
- Knowledge of or ability to conduct derivative pricing
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.