Senior Network Analyst
Department: Information Systems
Location: New York, NY
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 333
Description: The Senior Network Analyst maintains the availability and efficient operation of NFA's network, as well as NFA's related hardware and software. This role is tasked with ensuring systems are optimally installed, monitored and tuned.
- Provide support for NFA's network and communication environments.
- Consult with users to analyze needs and determine hardware and software functionality specifications.
- Serve as a high-level escalation resource for the identification and resolution of large-scale or highly complex issues.
- Provide training to staff.
- Research and implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and solutions to problems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network and/or system-related problems via logs, error messages and dumps.
- Install, customize and maintain all required diagnostic and recovery utilities and related third-party hardware and software.
- Generate and analyze performance and usage reports.
- Review response time and bandwidth utilization statistics.
- Evaluate networks and systems to make recommendations regarding design enhancement and configuration implementation.
- Practice required back-up and recovery procedures.
- Develop, implement, monitor and audit network and system back-ups.
- Ensure requirements are met to enable successful disaster recovery testing.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to security and related compliance processes and procedures.
- Make recommendations that will enhance the operation, security and efficiency of the network and systems environments while adhering to the change management process.
- A minimum of five years working experience in a technical environment
- A minimum of five years of Wide Area Network architecture, installation, and support experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of Software-defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure/design and performance/tuning strategies
- Experience with configuring and supporting network infrastructure
- Experience with configuring and supporting server operating systems
- Industry-recognized certification, or an accredited degree, such as a B.A. in information systems or B.S. in computer science required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in project planning and management
- Willingness to work after hours
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.