Senior Trade Specialist
Description: The Senior Trade Specialist will conduct daily trade practice and market surveillance for the credit default asset class. The Specialist will assist in leading monthly meetings and field inquiries from exchanges and clearing firms.
- Review activity related to trade exceptions and system alerts.
- Conduct complex analysis and prepare investigative files.
- Review transaction pricing and volumes for patterns and anomalies.
- Address data reporting issues.
- Prepare detailed summaries describing issues noted, analysis performed, and disposition reached.
- Prepare and present surveillance process for examinations and actively prepare for and participate in CFTC Rule Enforcement Reviews.
- Obtain Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation and maintain appropriate annually required CFE credit hours.
- Research external training for Market Regulation staff factoring in staff developmental needs and goals.
- Develop and present internal training for staff.
- Ensure policies and procedures are up-to-date and focused on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in training analysts in all phases of surveillance work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the OTC derivatives and futures industry
- Credit default experience required
- Familiarity with creating pivot tables and the application of macros to spreadsheets
- Familiarity with basic database query analysis
- Experience in the futures/derivatives industry with a focus in the regulatory compliance area
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous managerial experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Location: Chicago, IL or New York, NY
Job ID: 246