Swaps Systems Business Analyst
Description: The Swaps Systems Business Analyst supports the Senior Swaps Manager and Swaps team's technology initiatives by gathering and documenting requirements for new and existing compliance systems, translating requirements into detailed test plans, and coordinating and conducting user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Support the Senior System Manager by conducting business requirements-gathering sessions with project stakeholders, key users and technical staff.
- Evaluate gathered information and determine the underlying needs from user requests.
- Write concise but thorough business requirements documentation to be used by development team to create system specifications and implement software solutions.
- Ensure requirements are understood by key stakeholders, end users and development staff. Translate system requirements documentation into detailed test plans for UAT.
- Participate in UAT and verify that systems delivered meet requirements specified.
- Help coordinate UAT with key stakeholders.
- Address staff training needs related to system initiatives.
- Generate ad-hoc queries in MS Access as requested.
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst role and UAT
- Strong attention to detail and independent motivation
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- SQL and/or MS Access skills
- Tableau experience preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and rapidly adapt to changing requirements
- College graduate, BA/BS in a related field preferred
- Knowledge of swaps, Dodd-Frank, finance, futures trading, compliance, accounting and/or auditing a plus
Location: New York