Proposed Rule2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Show more years
(additions are underlined and deletions are
* * *
Part 4 - PROCEDURES GOVERNING ACCESS TO AND CERTIFICATION OF CFTC RECORDS, OTHER THAN REGISTRATION RECORDS, MAINTAINED BY NFA
RULE 4-1. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION FROM CFTC RECORDS, OTHER THAN REGISTRATION RECORDS, MAINTAINED BY NFA.
(1) CFTC Records. For purposes of Rules 4-1 and 4-2, the term "CFTC records" shall be defined to include only those records that are in the custody of or maintained by NFA because such records were transferred from the Commission to NFA or because the Commission has delegated to NFA the authority to receive, generate, compile or maintain such records in performance of functions which NFA is authorized or required by the Commission to perform pursuant to Sections 8a(10) or 17(o) of the Act: Provided, however, that for purposes of Rules 4-1 and 4-2, the term "CFTC records" shall not include registration records subject to Part 700 of NFA's Registration Rules.
(b) Disclosure of Public Information.
(1) If any member of the public requests access to CFTC records, or portions thereof, and the requested record, or portion, is "public" or "publicly available" under CFTC Regulations 1.10(g) or 145.0, then NFA will release that record or portion to the requester.
(2) NFA may charge any member of the public a copying fee, not to exceed the fee charged by the Commission, for any copies of CFTC records provided by NFA directly to the requester.
(1) otherwise with the authorization of the Assistant Secretary of the Commission for FOI, Privacy and Sunshine Act Compliance or his or her designee, or the General Counsel of the Commission or his or her designee, in accordance with CFTC Regulations 145.7(b), (h) and (i); the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552; and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552a; and
(2) to any individual or firm, or person acting on behalf of the individual or firm, who seeks access to his, her or its CFTC records: Provided, however, that NFA receives proper verification of the identity and authority of the party requesting the records.
RULE 4-2. CERTIFICATION OF THE AUTHENTICITY OF CFTC RECORDS MAINTAINED BY NFA.
(a) Designation of Custodian and Deputies. The President shall designate an NFA employee to serve as the NFA Record Custodian ("Custodian"). The President also may designate one or more NFA employees to serve as Deputy NFA Record Custodians ("Deputies"). The Custodian and the Deputies shall be responsible for maintaining all CFTC records in NFA's possession and shall be the legal custodians of these CFTC records.
(b) Authority of Custodian and Deputies. The Custodian, each of the Deputies, or in their absence, any NFA employee designated by the President, the Custodian or one of the Deputies, is authorized to certify in writing the authenticity of CFTC records in NFA's possession for purposes of any judicial or administrative proceeding. The Custodian, each of the Deputies or any designated employee also is authorized to certify in writing as to the maintenance and completeness of the CFTC records in NFA's possession, as well as the thoroughness of NFA's search for requested documents, for purposes of any judicial or administrative proceeding.
(c) Effectiveness of Certification. This written certification shall be effective when executed by the Custodian, one of the Deputies or any designated employee.
(d) Content of Certification. The written certification shall include that, pursuant to Commission authorization, the Custodian has and maintains legal custody of the official CFTC records that are the subject of the certification.