Proposed Rule2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991 | 1990 | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | Show fewer years
Part 1 - DEFINITIONS
Part 1 - DEFINITIONS
- (i) "Exchange Act" - means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
(j) "Foreign Board of Trade" - means a board of trade, exchange, or market located outside the United States, its territories or possessions.
[(j)] (k) "Foreign Futures" and "Foreign Options" - means futures and options transactions made or to be made on or subject to the rules of a foreign board of trade.
[(k)] (l) "Foreign Futures or Foreign Options Customer" - means any person located in the United States, its territories or possessions who trades in foreign futures or foreign options.
[(l)] (m) "Futures" includes -
- (1) futures and option contracts traded on a contract market;
(2) option contracts granted by a person that has registered with the Commission under Section 4c(d) of the Act as a grantor of such option contracts or has notified the Commission under the Commission's rules that it is qualified to grant such option contracts;
(3) foreign futures and foreign options made or to be made on or subject to the rules of a foreign board of trade for or on behalf of foreign futures or foreign options customers as those terms are defined in the Commission's rules; [and]
(4) leverage transactions as that term is defined in the Commission's rules; and
(5) security futures products, as that term is defined in Section 1a(32) of the Act.
[(m)] (n) "Futures Commission Merchant" or "FCM" - means a person who is required to register or is registered as a futures commission merchant under the Act and Commission Rules.
[(n)] (o) "Hearing Committee" - means the Hearing Committee established under NFA Bylaw 707.
[(o)] (p) "Introducing Broker" or "IB" - means a person who is required to register or is registered as an introducing broker under the Act and Commission Rules.
[(p)] (q) "Leverage Transaction Merchant" or "LTM" - means a person who is required to register or is registered as a leverage transaction merchant under the Act and Commission Rules.
[(q)] (r) "Member" - means a Member of NFA other than a contract market.
[(r)] (s) "Person" - includes individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, trusts, associations and other entities.
[(s)] (t) "Requirements" - includes any duty, restriction, procedure or standard imposed by a charter, bylaw, rule, regulation, resolution, or similar provision.
(u) "Security Futures Products" - has the same meaning as in Section 1a(32) of the Act.