Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Treasurer's Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 468
When you join NFA as an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Treasurer's Office, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for keeping the Treasurer's Office accountable to it's vendors.
Bring your passion for problem solving. Bring your technical know-how and attention to detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking, decision-making and technical skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices while complying with internal controls and policies.
- Reconciling invoices to associated purchase orders.
- Working with departments to verify vendors and charges.
- Obtaining necessary approvals and resolving any payment discrepancies.
- Handling inquiries related to invoices, payments, or general accounts payable matters.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Communicating in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assisting with month-end close and other accounts payable activities as needed.
What we're looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this role. If you're eager to apply your abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our Treasurer's Office as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Proven accounts payable experience with a solid understanding of associated principles and practices
- Basic bookkeeping and financial reporting knowledge
- Ability to work in-office part-time, three days per week
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using accounting software
- Ability to handle high volumes of invoices timely and accurately
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.