Analyst, Financial Analysis and Surveillance
Department: Futures Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 345
Description: The Analyst, Financial Analysis and Surveillance is responsible for supporting NFA's regulatory programs through financial surveillance of Members, with an emphasis on the managed funds sector, investigations and Member services.
- Analyze financial filings and investigation matters for anomalies and possible non-compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations.
- Document analysis and testing in a clear and concise manner.
- Escalate potential areas of fraud or significant material violations to superiors.
- Communicate findings to Members.
- Respond to questions posed by Members, industry professionals and the investing public.
- Utilize resources to increase industry, market and regulatory knowledge, as well as technical expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in business-oriented field
- 9 hours of accounting, which includes an intermediate accounting class
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities while meeting deadlines
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.