Applications Developer II
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 350
When you join NFA as an Applications Developer II, you will design, develop and support applications for our organization. You'll collaborate with product owners, developers, database administrators and quality assurance staff to support NFA's vital regulatory mission. As part of the Information Technology team, you will use web development, database development, critical thinking and communication skills to build secure and reliable applications for our business partners.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your intellectual curiosity. Bring an eye for detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences, personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring.
What you'll do:
You'll join a high-performing team of developers responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing applications in a specific product line that support our important regulatory mission. Along with your team, you'll focus on developing, testing and delivering innovative, value-driven, intuitive features for both new and existing systems, all using agile methodology. You'll also serve in a Service Desk capacity, resolving application-related issues for non-IT staff, as well as users outside NFA.
What we’re looking for:
Analytical individuals thrive in this collaborative, technical role. We value diverse perspectives and are looking for motivated applicants with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. If you're eager to apply your technical skills to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as an Application Developer II.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Two or more years of professional software development experience with ASP.NET, Visual Basic and Visual C# using Visual Studio
- Two or more years of experience with Oracle, SQL server or comparable databases
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Experience using agile framework for solution development and delivery preferred
- Experience with Active Directory, MVC and/or Entity Framework a plus
- Reporting development experience using Tableau or Crystal Reports a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
- Experience using Azure DevOps with Git experience a plus
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.