Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 322
Description: The Cloud Engineer is responsible for administering the design and configuration of Cloud based core services, such as Azure, Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, AzureAD) and Device Management. Additionally, the Cloud Engineer works closely with NFA leadership to understand business requirements, identify priorities and develop roadmap and implementation plans for cloud-based solutions.
- Work closely with NFA's Security staff and other stakeholders to improve the security posture of the environment and secure data while adhering to security- and compliance-related processes and procedures.
- Develop and improve solution standards and ensure standards are being met.
- Provision and monitor the use of Cloud resources.
- Establish business relationships to maximize use of collaboration solutions.
- Keep up to date on new industry standards, research the latest technologies on the market and otherwise act as a technical subject matter expert.
- Provide expertise and advice to teams tasked with building solutions on cloud platforms, including design, planning, management and maintenance.
- Develop, implement, monitor and audit required back-up and recovery procedures to ensure requirements are being met.
- Engage in capacity planning to implement, administer and troubleshoot Cloud solutions and tools.
- Develop, implement and monitor machine learning and data science infrastructure.
- Deliver training and technical support as needed.
- Five or more years working experience in a virtualized, Cloud environment
- Knowledge of CIS Benchmarks and Information Security Standards
- Industry-recognized certification, such as Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Accredited degree, such as a Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science, preferred
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining Cloud based technologies
- Experience and fluency with key networking elements (e.g. firewalls, VPNs, proxy servers, email systems, hypervisors, disaster recovery/business continuity practices and problem resolution tools)
- Comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure/designs and performance/tuning strategies
- Experience in project planning and management
- Willingness to work off-hours
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.