Cloud Systems Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 423
When you join NFA as a Cloud Systems Engineer, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for implementing and supporting cloud-based core services, such as Office 365 and Device Management.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your technical know-how and project management skills. Bring an aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you'll work closely with NFA leadership to understand business requirements, identify priorities and develop roadmaps and implementation plans for cloud-based solutions. Specifically, your responsibilities will also include:
- Working closely with NFA's Security staff and other stakeholders to improve the environment's security posture and secure data while adhering to established security and compliance procedures.
- Creating and improving solution standards and ensuring standards are upheld.
- Provisioning and monitoring the use of cloud resources, such as Office 365 (e.g. Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, AzureAD, etc.).
- Establishing business relationships to help maximize use of collaboration solutions.
- Acting as a technical subject matter expert by keeping abreast of new industry standards and the latest technologies.
- Providing design, planning, management and maintenance expertise and advice to teams building solutions on cloud platforms.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and auditing network and system back-up and recovery procedures.
- Implementing, administering and troubleshooting cloud solutions and tools.
- Delivering training and technical support as needed.
What we're looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Cloud Systems Engineer.
- Three to five years of experience supporting an Office 365 environment
- Experience implementing and supporting Teams VOIP
- Knowledge of CIS Benchmarks and Information Security Standards
- Industry-recognized certification (i.e. "Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting" or "Managing Microsoft Teams")
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field preferred
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining Office 365 and other cloud-based technologies
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.