Cloud Software Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 429
When you join NFA as a Cloud Software Analyst, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for supporting NFA's effective use of cloud-based software, including Microsoft's Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) and Azure Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your technical know-how and project management skills. Bring an aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Cloud Software Analyst, you'll administrate MECM, manage Azure VDI application services and assist with the installation and maintenance of NFA hardware and software. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as administrator for MECM, which is used by NFA's PC Support staff.
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems related to MECM applications.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and deploying third-party software, patches, or software packages within MECM.
- Incorporating packaged applications into MECM for deployment.
- Installing, configuring, administrating, managing and supporting Azure VDI compute instances.
- Optimizing Azure buildouts for cost and performance (i.e., VM optimization, reserved instances, etc.).
- Providing technical support for NFA staff using remote access Virtual Private Networks.
- Assisting with PC hardware installation and software installation and testing.
- Supporting Microsoft OS software.
- Maintaining a database inventory of NFA hardware and software.
What we're looking for:
Diligent, proactive and detail-oriented individuals thrive in this analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Cloud Software Analyst.
- Administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration (70-703) Certification
- Three or more years of Microsoft Azure Administrator experience
- Three or more years of experience with OS Deployment technologies (e.g., Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Deployment Services and Microsoft's MECM)
- Three or more years of experience installing, customizing and maintaining PC hardware and peripherals
- Experience in system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure and management of virtual networks and machines
- Experience implementing, managing and supporting an Azure VDI environment
- Familiarity with computer and software security standards and trends, including anti-virus, anti-spam and security patches
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field preferred
- One or more relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, A+ hardware certification, Microsoft MECM certification) preferred
- Strong attention to detail, communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.