Department: External Affairs & Communications
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: Less than 5%
Job ID: 337
Description: The Communications Associate will support NFA's External Affairs & Communications department in developing engaging industry-facing communication and education initiatives as well as facilitating effective, organization-wide internal communication. This role is suited for a highly motivated individual with a passion for creating effective, audience-tailored communication strategies, collaborating with others and creative problem solving.
- Develop and maintain NFA's educational resources, including publications, videos and web content for NFA Members, investors and the industry at large.
- Support the development and delivery of NFA's investor and Member-facing education initiatives, including partnerships, conferences and webinars.
- Assist with the governance, maintenance and enhancement of NFA's website.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and distribution of electronic communications (e.g., press releases, newsletters, etc.) to NFA Members, media and the public as appropriate.
- Represent NFA to the public at conferences and other events.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field
- Minimum of one to two years' experience in communications and project management
- Experience with web content management system preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in collaboration with others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
- Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and proactive
- Strong desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Ability to work effectively with management and staff of all levels
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.