Compliance Examiner II
Department: OTC Derivatives Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: 20-40%
Job ID: 346
Description: The Compliance Examiner II will carry out NFA's regulatory programs as they relate to OTC derivatives. Specifically, the role will support the areas of field examinations, monitoring and/or investigation. The Compliance Examiner II will also assess compliance documentation of registered swap dealer (SD) Members.
- Participate in field examinations, monitoring or investigations of SD Members.
- Identify key compliance and financial reporting issues relating to Implementing Regulations under Section 4s of the Commodity Exchange Act.
- Ensure key issues are identified and addressed and all necessary evidence is gathered for possible disciplinary cases.
- Review documentation submitted by SD Members pursuant to Commodity Exchange Act Section 4s Implementing Regulations.
- Analyze financial statements for anomalies and compliance with capital requirements and regulations.
- Engage with SD Members to ensure that policies and procedures demonstrate the ability to comply with CFTC regulations.
- Communicate with SD Members regarding possible compliance deficiencies or violations and discuss corrective action.
- Review issues with the examination Manager and prepare post-examination reports.
- Engage in day-to-day communications with SD Members and other industry professionals as required to assist Members in complying with Dodd-Frank and NFA rules.
- Represent and promote NFA's educational initiatives by interacting with NFA Members, industry representatives and other outside organizations.
- One to two years of work experience in compliance or auditing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel 20-40 percent domestically and/or abroad
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to utilize available resources to increase industry, market and regulatory knowledge as well as technical expertise
- Experience relating to OTC derivative products and entities that engage in swaps preferred
- Knowledge of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act as it pertains to swap transactions and swaps intermediaries preferred
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.