Fall Compliance Intern
Department: Futures Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Job ID: 330
Description: Compliance Interns will be provided with the opportunity to support NFA's mission of safeguarding the integrity of the derivatives markets, protecting investors and ensuring Members meet their regulatory responsibilities by collaborating with team members within the Futures Compliance department.
- Work as part of a team to assist with examinations, investigations, and the surveillance of Members' records, operations, and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations.
- Work with staff to learn how they perform their daily responsibilities and job functions.
- Ensure confidential information is handled with honesty and integrity.
- Participate in projects and assist team members in completing various tasks.
- Attend various industry-specific training classes.
- Learn more about NFA's role as an SRO and the derivatives industry.
- Positively represent NFA when interacting with staff, Members and the public.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a business-oriented major and expects to graduate within one year of the internship
- Must be currently enrolled in junior or senior year of studies
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working toward 9 hours of accounting, including an intermediate accounting class
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.