Data Engineer - Centralized Data Science and Analytics (CDSA)
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 431
When you join NFA as a Data Engineer, you will gain unique insight into the global derivatives industry and its regulatory framework, utilizing your critical thinking, data analysis and technical skills every day.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring an aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day, you'll gain exceptional experiences, personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
As a Data Engineer, you'll support NFA's Centralized Data Science and Analytics (CDSA) team by managing, optimizing, overseeing and facilitating data retrieval, storage and distribution. Ultimately, your work will allow CDSA to provide meaningful analytics to business units across NFA seeking to make data-driven decisions. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in technical solution design with a focus on utilizing Azure.
- Leveraging cloud architectural knowledge to play a vital role in the design of development, staging, QA, and production implementation of infrastructure resources running in 24×7 environments.
- Facilitating delivery of cloud strategies in alignment with business objectives and with a focus on cloud migrations.
- Aligning data architecture with business and regulatory requirements for efficient and effective solution delivery.
- Leading in the creation of data pipelines (cloud, on-premises and hybrid) used by data scientists, data-centric applications, and other data consumers.
- Developing, constructing, testing, maintaining and enhancing technical and data architectures.
- Identifying potential improvements to existing solutions' data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Participating in the deployment of sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, statistical methods and predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Delivering consumable and relevant updates regarding data engineering efforts to stakeholders and management.
- Acting as key stakeholder for validation of new cloud or SaaS.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable "big data" data stores
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with cloud and relational databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Azure cloud services
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, PySpark Java, C++, R/RStudio/RSpark
- CI/CD systems
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) and ability to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure, architectures, and designs
- Knowledge and implementation of enterprise scale cloud security platforms and tooling
- Experience with enterprise applications, solutions, and data center infrastructures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field; master's degree a plus
- Exceptional product, project and client management skills
- Azure, AWS or any other cloud/data engineering certifications preferred
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.