Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 284
Description: The Data Scientist will conduct a wide-range of research and development to support the Compliance department in making data-informed choices. Projects may involve building risk models using supervised machine learning, the development of recommender systems, hypothesis testing, visual storytelling with data, interactive dashboard development, survival analysis, and social network analysis.
- Clean data for research and development projects using common wrangling tasks (e.g. joining datasets, creating structure from unstructured text data, imputing missing data, data aggregation for different types of summarization) and asking questions about the data throughout the process.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain predictive models using advanced statistical and machine-learning techniques.
- Prepare datasets for research and development projects by writing SQL queries.
- Conduct research and development using a wide-range of data science techniques.
- Communicate findings from research and development projects in a manner that is easily understandable for a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong proficiency with R, Python, or other analytical software or languages
- SQL programming skills, or other experience interfacing with a relational database management systems, to extract and integrate datasets from many data sources for further analysis
- Experience with statistics and machine learning, particularly classification modeling
- Industry knowledge with the ability to conduct research to identify market developments is highly desired
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.