Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 363
When you join NFA as a Database Analyst, you'll join a high-performing team dedicated to designing, implementing and monitoring NFA's database environments. You'll also help configure security features and protocols for NFA's databases.
Bring your passion for problem solving and an analytical mindset. Bring your technical know-how and attention to detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking, decision-making and risk assessment skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Database Analyst, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Working with talented scrum teams to develop and deliver innovative, value-driven, intuitive application features for both new and existing systems, partnering with quality assurance and business stakeholders.
- Participating in scrum ceremonies to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Assisting with the translation of business requirements into technical design and implementation tasks.
- Striving for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability and usability features.
- Leveraging agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Monitoring and supporting production databases.
- Resolving Service Desk requests from staff and outside users.
- Testing application programs or code for new or existing systems.
What we’re looking for:
Analytical individuals thrive in this collaborative, technical role. We value diverse perspectives and are looking for motivated applicants with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. If you're eager to apply your technical skills and critical thinking abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Database Analyst.
- At least two years of experience working with Oracle, SQL server or comparable databases
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field preferred
- Experience with Redgate/OEM database monitoring suite a plus
- Experience using Azure Dev Ops with Git experience a plus
- Experience using agile frameworks for solution delivery a plus
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.