Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Department: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL or New York, NY
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Job ID: 338
Description: NFA is the industrywide, self-regulatory organization for the U.S. derivatives industry. NFA is committed to creating a work environment that supports all employees to perform at the highest level, no matter the circumstances, and values an inclusive culture in which all staff can thrive. A diverse and inclusive workforce is necessary for NFA to achieve its mission of providing innovative and efficient regulatory programs that safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets.
The Director, Diversity and Inclusion will be primarily responsible for leading NFA's Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program. The Director will assess NFA's current program, and design, implement and manage NFA's future D&I Program initiatives and strategy. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director will focus on short, medium and long-term initiatives across NFA, and provide ongoing solutions that promote D&I awareness, creating a culture of belonging that drives business success. The Director should have a proven track record of successfully implementing D&I initiatives related to recruiting, development and retention practices, mentorship programs, educational and lecture series, and employee resource groups.
- Understands human resources practices across the organization, and advances policies and processes to support D&I efforts through all stages of the employee life cycle.
- Research, develop, recommend and execute creative strategies to foster D&I.
Lead the standardization, planning, operations and logistics for D&I events, programs, and initiatives.
- Gather and analyze employee demographic, performance and recruiting data to produce reports for NFA's senior management and Board of Directors to evaluate NFA's D&I Program and initiatives.
- Partner with NFA's Talent Acquisition Team and Office of Professional Development to develop and implement strategies for recruiting, development, retention, and training to integrate and advance NFA's D&I initiatives and strategy.
- Work with NFA's External Affairs and Communications department to manage a comprehensive communications plan to increase D&I awareness both internally and externally.
- Create and maintain internal communication points to make NFA's D&I strategies and practices uniform, consistent and streamlined across the organization.
- Lead NFA's D&I Council to ensure initiatives, resources and resources are appropriately allocated, and measures appropriately designed to advance NFA's D&I strategy and initiatives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for NFA's employee resource groups and help drive the groups' initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required
- Advanced degree in human resources preferred
- At least 10 years of human resources or related experience with at least five years of demonstrated knowledge and success in identifying and implementing D&I best practices
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with specific experience developing and delivering presentations, facilitating projects and communicating with a diverse workforce
- Experience developing relationships with functional business leaders and human resource partners at varying levels
- Excellent project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of national and state labor laws
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.