Information Security Analyst I
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 286
Description: The Information Security Analyst I will work with a Security to oversee the network and computer security posture for NFA to ensure that business and organization objectives are not adversely impacted by threats and vulnerabilities.
- Execute daily security processing routines and reporting.
- Support and maintain security-related systems (e.g. IDS, scanners, sniffers, etc.).
- Serve as a security resource to system users.
- Provide security training to new staff.
- Apply INFOSEC best-practices and principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology.
- Identify vulnerabilities and configuration issues.
- Monitor websites for security alerts, news bulletins and vendor advisories.
- At least one years' experience working in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of Windows security settings and controls required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or industry certification (eg. Security+, GSEC) preferred
- Knowledge of current security threats and have understanding of basic security standards, practices, procedures and tools (AV and malware scanners).
- Knowledge of FISMA/NIST standards a plus
- Exhibit a high-level of attention to detail
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.