Information Security Engineer
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 335
Description: The Information Security Engineer will engineer, implement and monitor a comprehensive set of security controls as a part of NFA's security strategy for the protection of NFA's computer systems, networks and data.
- Contribute to the identification and definition of system security requirements and advise on the design of security monitoring infrastructure for on-premises and cloud solutions.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and ensure proper operation of security processing routines.
- Help establish and maintain processes to monitor network traffic for anomalous activity.
- Apply INFOSEC best practices and principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology.
- Monitor NFA's network, devices and computer systems for accuracy, consistency and/or abuse.
- Develop security test plans based on system architecture, dataflow and hardware/software profile information.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and application security evaluations utilizing recognized security assessment tools.
- Vet new software or hardware configurations for compliance with established security standards.
- Assist with the engagement and coordination of third-party security assessments.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of security incidents and the isolation and remediation of those incidents pursuant to established procedures.
- Inspect suspicious files to determine potential threats.
- Perform malware analysis to understand origin and risk of potentially malicious code.
- Two or more years of experience working in an information technology security capacity
- College degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science) preferred
- One or more information security certifications (e.g., GCIH, GCIA, GMON, CISSP, etc.) preferred
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.