Information Security Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 384
When you join NFA as an Information Security Engineer, you'll join a high-performing team of IT professionals dedicated to the protection of NFA's computer systems, networks and data.
Bring your passion for problem solving. Bring an analytical mindset. Bring your technical know-how and attention to detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking, decision-making and technical skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As an Information Security Engineer, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Contributing to the identification and definition of system security requirements.
- Advising on the design of security monitoring infrastructure for on-premises and cloud solutions.
- Developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Configuring security infrastructure devices and ensuring proper operation of security processing routines.
- Establishing and maintaining processes to monitor network traffic for anomalous activity.
- Applying INFOSEC best practices and principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology.
- Monitoring NFA's network, devices and computer systems for accuracy, consistency and abuse.
- Developing security test plans based on system architecture, dataflow and hardware/software profile information.
- Performing vulnerability assessments and application security evaluations utilizing recognized assessment tools.
- Vetting new software or hardware configurations for compliance with established security standards.
- Assisting with the engagement and coordination of third-party security assessments.
- Investigating security incidents, including the isolation and remediation of those incidents pursuant to established procedures.
- Performing malware analysis to understand origin and risk of potentially malicious code.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience working in an information technology security capacity
- One or more information security certifications (e.g., GCIH, GCIA, GMON, CISSP, etc.) preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, NFA will assess on a case-by-case basis whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided to individuals who demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious reasons.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.