Manager, Capital (Examinations)
Department: OTC Derivatives
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: Up to 30%
Job ID: 353
When you join NFA as a Manager, Capital (Examinations), you'll lead a high-performing team of dedicated professionals to develop and execute a regulatory compliance program for the capital requirements for swap dealers (SD).
Bring your strong communication skills. Bring your strategic vision and passion for people. Bring a creative outlook and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking, decision-making and risk assessment skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Manager, Capital (Examinations), you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Assisting in developing the capital compliance component of NFA's SD examination program, which will be designed to ensure SDs meet the CFTC's and NFA's capital requirements.
- Determining specific areas of capital testing, designing appropriate module examination steps and developing associated guidance for staff to utilize during examinations.
- Providing subject matter expertise to NFA's OTC Derivatives department.
- Remaining abreast of CFTC capital rule developments and affecting necessary changes to NFA's program.
- Establishing an approach for review, follow up, and closure of various financial statement analysis and notice filings, and integrating it into NFA's examination process.
- Creating an initial and ongoing training program for examiners with assistance from the OTC Derivatives department's senior leadership and NFA's Office of Professional Development.
- Developing system architecture to accept and edit check SD financial statement and notice filings and building workflows for these processes with the help of NFA's Information Technology department.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals thrive in this collaborative, analytical role. If you're eager to apply your critical-thinking abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Manager, Capital.
- Five to eight years of experience in a regulatory capital, financial reporting or compliance function, particularly involving OTC derivatives
- Knowledge of risk management framework (e.g. regulatory capital, VaR and stress-testing standards, counterparty exposure estimation, liquidity estimation, documentation and reporting approaches)
- Specific experience in one or more of the following areas: capital management and reporting, comprehensive capital analysis and review reporting, liquidity management, market risk, counterparty credit risk, Basel III
- Knowledge of the capital implications of swaps products
- Understanding of bank regulations on capital (e.g. RWA calculations for market risk and counterparty credit risk, comprehensive capital analysis and review stress testing, type of capital) and liquidity requirements (e.g., liquidity coverage ratio and liquidity stress testing)
- Experience with prudential regulators' financial filings such as FR Y-9C, FR Y-14, FFIEC 031, FFIEC 041, and the SEC's FOCUS Part II or IIA a plus
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA, CFA and/or CPA preferred and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) degree a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.