Department: Futures Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
Job ID: 323
Description: The Managing Director helps oversee the Compliance department and carries out the core functions of NFA's futures regulatory program in all the major functional areas. The Compliance department's primary focus is ensuring Members meet their regulatory responsibilities, which ultimately supports customer protection and safety. Compliance staff performs Member examinations to monitor their compliance with NFA rules and CFTC regulations, conducts financial surveillance to enforce compliance with financial requirements, reviews disclosure documents for accuracy, investigates customer complaints, and reviews referrals from other agencies to determine if rules have been violated.
- Oversee the execution of Compliance's oversight activities, including examinations, monitoring and investigations.
- Ensure the department's regulatory oversight programs meet their strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify potential enhancements to procedures and workflow, providing operational support to department functions as required.
- Facilitate relationships with other departments. Work with other departments to ensure compliance-related work processes are effective and efficient. Make suggestions as needed.
- Communicate information with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including acting as a liaison with relevant industry groups and other regulatory bodies.
- Complete all performance management functions including effectively coaching, providing meaningful feedback, and guiding staff in career development.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred, in accounting, finance or related field
- At least 10 years' experience in a regulatory or compliance function, particularly involving cleared derivatives
- Demonstrated abilities in leading a large group of individuals in achieving stated objectives, preferably in a regulatory or compliance function
- Experience in leading strategic initiatives in a consensus-driven context
- An understanding of complex and sophisticated market issues
- Ability to apply a common sense approach in a rule-driven environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment that prizes collaboration
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.