Description: The Analyst I will support NFA's Market Regulation department with conducting daily trade practice and market surveillance for the respective assigned asset classes.
- Review trade activity related to trade exceptions and system alerts.
- Document findings and prepare requests for information for clearing firms.
- Develop understanding of exchange rules, CFTC regulations and surveillance systems.
- Review large trader positions, position limit compliance and off-exchange transactions, and follow-up on violations or breaches.
- Create large trader account aggregates and omnibus and clearinghouse relationships.
- Prepare 102 Form requests as needed.
- Address reporting issues and questions of clearing and exchange staff.
- Attend monthly meetings and address issues as needed.
- Apprise Manager (asset class lead) of any questions, issues or problems encountered.
- Prepare detailed notes describing issues noted, analysis performed, and disposition reached.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in the futures industry
- Ability to obtain Certified Fraud Examiner certification within the timeframe designated by Market Regulation staff
- Ability to complete additional education requirements
- General understanding of trading, markets, futures and other derivative products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Python, C++, Java, C#, Matlab, SQL, and Excel (VBA) preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Pass the Series 3 examination within the timeframe designated by Market Regulation staff
Location: Chicago, IL
Job ID: 250