Marketing and Communications Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 401
When you join NFA as a Human Resources (HR), Marketing and Communications Specialist, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for recruiting and retaining a talented, diverse and engaged NFA workforce.
Bring your enthusiastic attitude and eye for detail. Bring your passion for people and collaboration. Bring your ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll gain exceptional experiences, career-long and personalized learning and invaluable coaching and mentoring. We believe in nurturing talent to develop future NFA and industry leaders.
What you'll do:
As an HR, Marketing and Communications Specialist, you'll lead, create and implement innovative recruitment, marketing and communications strategies that support NFA's hiring needs. You'll also assist with the development and execution of a multi-faceted internal HR and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) communications plan for marketing NFA's Employee Value Proposition. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with internal teams to develop candidate-facing communications, social media posts and videos to convey NFA's workplace culture and employee experience while driving a consistent message, look and feel across all communication channels.
- Work with the Communications department to build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- In collaboration with the Communications department, propose and create quality recruiting materials such as brochures, handouts, and print advertisement.
- Monitor social media and website analytics to measure effectiveness of recruitment and outreach strategy.
- Work with NFA's Talent Acquisition team on career fair coordination and preparation and provide ambassadors with branding, recruiting and marketing materials.
- Work with the HR staff to develop a benefits communication plan (which may include documents, brochures, flyers and presentations, among other things) to better educate staff and recruits on the robust benefits that NFA offers.
- Inform, guide and support the overall HR communication strategy which may include supporting HR-sponsored events and collaborating with other NFA groups departments as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, marketing, communications, journalism or a related field
- Two or more years of experience in HR, communications or marketing
- Proficiency with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor and YouTube
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and sense of initiative
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Flexibility to simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying types
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
- Experience with website design tools and platforms, (e.g., WordPress, Photoshop, HTML and Canva)
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. NFA complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious belief.
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is purpose-driven. We safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure that our Members meet their regulatory obligations. We take pride in our work; maintain a conviction to do the right thing; empower each other; and support our community. Envision your career in a place where performing critical regulatory work within the financial industry is as significant as the diverse, passionate and talented individuals with whom you work.
Together, we will innovate regulation.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.