Network Analyst I
Description: The Network Analyst I will work with a team that assures the availability and efficient operation of NFA networks and system software and hardware.
- Provide support for networking and communication environments.
- Install, customize and maintain core technologies (Microsoft software, Cisco network devices, HP servers and printers) and any related third-party hardware/software.
- Implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and problem fixes.
- Analyze user needs to determine hardware and software specifications.
- Maintain data back-up and recovery procedures.
- Participate in disaster recovery tests.
- Adhere to appropriate security practices and procedures.
- Follow all change management requirements.
- Generate and analyze network and system performance and usage reports.
- Resolve network and system-related problems via logs and error messages.
- Work with vendors to take corrective action as needed.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of all tasks and procedures.
- Evaluate new technology and products.
- Provide technical support to NFA staff as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One to two years' experience in data/voice networking environments or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining HP, Cisco, Microsoft and/or Linux-based technologies required
- Industry recognized certification (Network+, A+, CCNA, MCSE) a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, analytically adept and creative
- Ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team
- Highly dependable, punctual and willing to work off-hours
Location: New York, NY
Job ID: 243