Network Analyst II
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 307
Description: The Network Analyst II will help assure the availability and efficient operation of NFA networks and system software and hardware.
- Provide support for networking and communication environments.
- Consult with users to analyze their needs and determine hardware and software functional specifications.
- Install, customize and maintain all core technologies (Microsoft software, Cisco network devices, HP servers and printers) and any related third-party hardware/software.
- Review response time and bandwidth utilization statistics using network utilities and tools (e.g. network analyzers, performance monitoring software, statistics and reports).
- Follow all change management requirements and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and problem fixes.
- Assure cost-effectiveness by analyzing needs and investigating new product offerings from vendors.
- Generate and analyze network and system performance, and usage reports.
- Resolve network and system-related problems via logs and error messages.
- Maintain data back-up and recovery procedures.
- Research, evaluate, test and recommend new technology, products, and security settings.
- Work with vendors to take corrective action as needed.
- Adhere to appropriate security practices and procedures.
- Provide technical support to NFA staff as required.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of all tasks and procedures.
- Participate in disaster recovery tests.
- Train staff and provide assistance as required.
- Monitor and audit for security compliance.
- A minimum of four years working experience in data/voice networking environments
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining HP, Cisco, Microsoft and/or Linux-based technologies required, as well as experience with other key networking elements, specifically remote access VPNs and multi-factor authentication
- Industry recognized certification, such as a CCNA or MCSE, or an accredited degree, such as a B.A. in Information Systems or B.S. in Computer Science
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work off-hours
NFA offers a generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
By actively engaging in the development of our employees, NFA has further enhanced our culture and advancement of our employees, which drives our success.
Meet NFA's employees and learn about their career progression.
NFA believes caring for the health and wellness of our employees and bettering our communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.