Network Analyst II
Department: Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 365
When you join NFA as a Network Analyst II, you'll join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operation of NFA networks and system software and hardware.
Bring your analytical and innovative mindsets. Bring your technical know-how, problem solving and project management skills and an eye for detail.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As a Network Analyst II, you'll work closely with users to analyze their needs in order to establish hardware and software functional specifications. You'll also install, customize and maintain all core technologies and related third-party hardware and software. As a Network Analyst II, you'll contribute to NFA's important regulatory mission by:
- Reviewing response time and bandwidth utilization statistics using network utilities and tools (e.g., network analyzers, performance monitoring software, statistics and reports).
- Following all change management requirements and making enhancement recommendations.
- Implementing new software releases, preventative maintenance and problem fixes.
- Assuring cost-effectiveness by analyzing needs and investigating new product offerings from vendors.
- Generating and analyzing network and system performance and usage reports.
- Resolving network and system-related problems via logs and error messages.
- Researching and recommending new technology, products and security settings.
- Participating in disaster recovery tests.
- Monitoring and auditing for security compliance.
- Training staff and providing assistance as required.
What we’re looking for:
Diligent, detail-oriented individuals thrive in this analytical role. If you're eager to apply your technical abilities to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as a Network Analyst II.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or computer science
- At least four years of experience in data/voice networking environments
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining HP, Cisco, Microsoft and/or Linux-based technologies
- Experience with key networking elements, specifically Cisco Identity Services Engine, Application Centric Infrastructure and DNA Center
- An industry recognized certification, such as a CCNA or MCSE
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work off-hours
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.