Office Systems Supervisor
Department: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: 10%
Job ID: 371
When you join NFA as an Office Systems Supervisor, you'll join a team of office management professionals dedicated to providing NFA staff with the equipment and services needed to excel in the workplace and keep pace with a rapidly evolving derivatives landscape.
Bring your analytical mindset and eye for detail. Bring your organization skills and passion for collaboration. Bring your ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Beginning your first day and throughout your career, you'll utilize your critical thinking and decision-making skills to support our important regulatory mission.
What you'll do:
As an Office Systems Supervisor you'll support various NFA office needs related to supplies, mail, meeting rooms, reprographics, purchase ordering and facilities maintenance. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a liaison with external equipment vendors and service representatives, such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS.
- Assisting in negotiations and decision-making for product and service purchasing when contracts are up for renewal.
- Ensuring appropriate stocking of supplies by maintaining an up-to-date computerized inventory.
- Maintaining relationships with contacts for copy machines, postage machine, fax machines, vending machines, refreshment stations and other office equipment.
- Reviewing purchase orders and invoices from vendors, including FedEx, Staples, Canon and other suppliers, for accuracy.
- Reconciling invoices with purchase orders and approving payment.
- Working with the Managing Director of HR on facilities maintenance requests and projects.
- Serving as a point of contact with the Office of the Building on facilities-related issues.
- Coordinating room setup for and making deliveries to NFA staff meetings.
- Travelling to NFA's New York office as needed to complete and oversee facilities projects.
- Overseeing in-house printing and coordinating duplication of books and materials for NFA committee meetings.
- Working with staff across NFA to ship materials to various off-site locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting staff with any other printing or reprographic requests needed.
What we’re looking for:
Team-oriented individuals with strong interpersonal skills tend to thrive in this collaborative, analytical role. If you're eager to apply your problem-solving skills to serve a public good—supporting the integrity of the derivatives markets—and meet the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply to join our team as an Office Systems Supervisor.
- Minimum of three years prior work experience in office services or purchasing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility, proactivity and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with team and business partners to conduct organizational needs analyses
- Strong customer service, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Previous experience managing others preferred
- Proficiency in Concur, Quick Books preferred
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
Why choose NFA?
We understand how important culture is to an organization, and we pursue a culture of excellence where every NFA employee, regardless of circumstances, can succeed. Our workforce respects and celebrates each employee's diversity, unique values and abilities, all of which mold our creative approach to regulation. Most importantly, we believe that our diverse, inclusive workforce makes NFA a friendly, supportive and enjoyable place to work.
Read about NFA's generous and flexible benefits package that allows employees to balance work and life.
Learn about how NFA's culture drives our success.
Meet NFA employees and learn about their careers.
Learn about how NFA cares for the health and wellness of our employees and communities to promote the pursuit of excellence in our employees work.